F150 CHANGED ENGINES

1998 Ford F-150

joeltd

March, 5, 2009 AT 10:36 PM

1998 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I changed the engine from a 4.2 to a 5.0 1987 engine and changed everything back to carb. Fuel and I do not have any of the electric to the motor at all still hooked up to the computer, all I have hooked to the computer is the transmission. I realize that the computer does not know how the engine is running, so how can the transmission work. What I need to know is how can I make the transmission shift when the computer cannot tell it how or when? The transmission right now only works in reverse and in second gear, when I go forward it takes off in second and stays in second it will not shift at all. Any ideas. Thanks

racefan966

March, 6, 2009 AT 11:01 AM

Ok I will look I think if you check out jet electonics that they make an aftermarket computer to control the electronics on the trans for like building hotrods. If you don't find it on there web site then call them as they will tell you where to go if they don't offer it. Let back to through private message if you need to.

Transmission Control Module Replacement