1997 Ford F-150 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

RAFA JR
  • 1997 FORD F-150
HI MY NAME IS RAFAEL WELL I HAVE A F-150 4.2L V6 I HAVE THE TRUBLE CODE BU I DONT KNOW WAT IT IS OR MEANS AND NOONE WILL HELP ME AND I CAND SEM TO FIND IT IN THE MANUAL MY CODE IS P-1538 I WANT TO FIX IT BUT IDK HOW OR WAT IT IS IF YOU COULD GET BACK TO ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT THANKS RAFAEL
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 12:42 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Could you please re check that code as it is not in my list.

Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 1:26 AM
BLACKOP555
I checked a few places and I cannot find that code either, no record for it. As mark says please rescan :P
Friday, July 11th, 2008 AT 9:45 PM
RAFA JR
Sorry but thats the code its p01538 intake manifold runner conrtol stuck open bank 2 thats wat it is but I still cant fix it and im waistin alot of gas with this problem please help new idle control spark plugs wires new egr all that a still nothin please help
Monday, August 4th, 2008 AT 2:53 AM
BLACKOP555
Ok then, ill tell you what the imrc stuck open bank 2 will be.

And I can see why youd be loosing lots of gas, thats quite the extra air to be coming in!

Well first things first, is on the manfiold on the front end are little plastic clips, check around see if they are broken, since they are plastic they break and can cause that problem, autopart stores carry them as its a common item to be replaced.
Monday, August 4th, 2008 AT 10:13 AM
BLACKOP555
If thats not it you will be removing the intake manifold, cleaning out the valves and checking to see if it works then, if not chances are the motor that controls them has failed.
Monday, August 4th, 2008 AT 10:17 AM
RAFA JR
I LOOK FOR THE CLIPS BUT I DONT SEE ANY ITS A V6 4.2 AND I LOOK IN THE FORD BOOK FOR MY TRUCK AND I DIDENT FIND IT EATHER AND CAN U EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MENT BY THE MOTOR THAT CONTROLS THEM HAS FAILED?
Friday, August 15th, 2008 AT 5:51 PM
BLACKOP555
The motor that opens and closes the runners at certain speeds for optimum performance.
Friday, August 15th, 2008 AT 9:14 PM
RAFA JR
I cant seem to find the clips you metiond idk wats wrong with my truck im useing to much gas and the truck like jurks at a stop like it wants to turn off or its struglin its the imrc but idk wat all I know is that its bank 2 can u give me a better description or another way how to find out my problem?
Sunday, August 31st, 2008 AT 11:49 AM
MIKEGROSS12
Want to know if you found the problem. Having same issues
Thursday, September 18th, 2008 AT 12:50 PM
RAFA JR
Hay I have a question I have fixed alot of thing on my truck but im still having the problem of the truck at a stop it tugs like a lack of gas air or somethin but no enigne light and it taks a wile to take off very bad throtal respons
Thursday, January 29th, 2009 AT 9:45 AM
RAFA JR
My truck back fires wen I igive it gas at a stop or light and if I have the ac on it wants to turn off I changed the spark plugs coil pack intake runner control valve egr valve idle control valve rebuild mortor k@n filter its clean always im always up to date wit my maitnence and my truck still runs kinda bad it bogs wen I give it gas at a stop but after that it ok preformance it lacks a lot and I still don't know y no codes and no check light I took it to a shop were I now the owner and still nothing and im tired of trying and spending so much and still the same problem please help.
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 AT 10:42 PM
RAFA JR
Im still having the same problem it bogs down as I accelerate after I pass 40 mph is fine just on my take off it bogs or struggles to go but no check engine light nd some time it sound like theres a vacume leak I dont kn iv had so many problem with this truck nd noone will help so its still the same now my diff is going out I dont have a plug on it so how do I service it its grinding nd maken bad noises from my rear end.
Sunday, May 16th, 2010 AT 5:53 PM