1995 Ford F-150 Fuel Tanks

RGRIZER
  • 1995 FORD F-150
Both of my fuel tanks have started to leak. Am I able to drop the rear tank and remove it completely? Do I have to drop it and replace it the same day, can I drive with the rear tank removed? Which of the two tanks is the easiest to replace?
Monday, October 5th, 2009 AT 5:12 PM

RACEFAN966
Ok first off no you can not drive it with a tank missing because of the fuel line routing. Now my opinion is that the rear is easier to replace. Now if you are having a rusting problem then I would use rubberized undercoating by 3m and tape off the holes and undercoat it and then take the old one out put the fuel pump into the new tank and put it back in. If there isn't much fuel in the tank it should only take a few hours to replace it. You will need a fuel line disconnect tool here is a pic of the tool.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_3cdcbc4fe312e5ce_2.jpg

Monday, October 5th, 2009 AT 6:25 PM

Sponsored links