5.0L V8 - VIN [N] -1995 Ford Pickup F150
1. Drain cooling system and crankcase. Mark hood hinges and remove hood. Remove battery and ground cables. Disconnect EGR tube (if equipped). On 5.0L, remove air intake hoses, PCV tube and carbon canister hose.
2. Disconnect radiator hoses. Disconnect transmission cooler lines (if equipped). Disconnect oil cooler lines at oil filter adapter (if equipped).
3. Disconnect power steering hoses and air injection hoses. Discharge A/C system using approved refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment (if equipped). Disconnect hoses at compressor and remove A/C condenser. Remove fan shroud, spacer, pulley and radiator. Remove generator.
4. Remove brackets for air injection pump, power steering pump, generator and A/C compressor. Disconnect oil pressure sending unit wire. Release fuel pressure. See FUEL PRESSURE RELEASE. Using Spring Lock Coupling Remover (T81P-19623-G1 for 3/8" line or T81P-19623-G2 for 1/2" line), disconnect fuel supply and return lines.
5. Disconnect accelerator cable, transmission shift rod and speed control linkages from throttle body. Remove throttle bracket from upper intake manifold, and set aside with cables attached. Disconnect vacuum lines, carbon canister hose, heater hoses and electrical wiring from engine. Disconnect primary wire at coil and brake booster hose at engine.
6. Remove engine-to-transmission upper bolts. Raise front of vehicle. Remove starter. Separate exhaust pipes from manifolds. Disconnect engine mounts from brackets on frame. On A/T models, remove torque converter inspection plate and flexplate-to-torque converter bolts.
7. On all models, remove remaining bellhousing-to-engine bolts. Lower vehicle and support transmission. Attach engine hoist and carefully separate engine from transmission. Carefully lift engine from vehicle without damaging rear cover plate.
Saturday, September 20th, 2008 AT 9:12 PM