1994 Ford F-150 VIBRATION WHILE SHIFTING

R.L. YAEGER
  • 1994 FORD F-150
When the trans. Shifts from third to overdrive at any speed above 35MPH it will vibrate the whole truck, unless you push a little harder on the gas. It only does this when I mosey on down the road. I also found if on the freeway with the cruise on, I can go up a mountain as the truck slows, i'll push push the gas to go into passing gear. Then the O.D. Lite will blink. Now as long as that lite blinks, for the next day or two, the trans. Works great, no vibration, till the light goes off. I'm the orignal owner. Change oil every 2500 miles. I've never needed to add any fluid to the trans. But i've never changed it or the filter either. Do you think thats the problem?
Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 1:46 PM

RACEFAN966
I would change the trans fluid and filter they should be changed every 2yrs or 24000 at least. Read you dipstick for your trans to make sure you get the right fluid for it. If the light continues to go on and off you might need to change the O/D button on the end of the shifter. But the shutter in the trans is more then likely the lack of service. Hope this is of help let me know if you need anything else.
Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 9:19 PM