1994 Ford F-150 poor performance and fuel mileage

• 1 POST
  • 1994 FORD F-150

1994 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

my 1994 f150 4wd is getting realy bad fuel mileage we have changed fuel filter spark plugs and have also ran a can of sea foam through the vacume line and in the fuel tank it seemed to run better but I still have hesitation in take off and bad fuel mileage can you help

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 AT 3:34 PM

See my profile. Imma CJ GUY, have really no experience with your rig

All kinda factors may be in play, So I will will give you some common to all CYBER-RIGS such as yours and my wifes Escape.

These are tips and hints out of her manual, and a few of my own

Does your check engine light---affirm it works when cranking up?

Either case, you might get coded for present or stored codes you may have. Advance Auto or Autozone will do this for FREE. If you have a problem, your computer may be compensating (just to keep you running) But unable to receive "Real World" values to make you EFFICIENT, such as O2 or Temperature Sensors (investigate open or closed loop on a cyber-rig)

Are you stock. Or trying to be BIGFOOT?

Do you drive like Grandma or Charles Manson would, if he could?

Do you FREQUENTLY haul around Large Heavy Items? (I drew the picture, you color it in, any way you wish!)

Do you have an OWNERS MANUAL or a REPAIR MANUAL for your rig?

Do you keep up with ALL SCHEDULED MAINTENENCE? (Detailed Operations in Haynes or Chilton manuals)

Air filter dirty?

Tire pressure?

Does anything here apply to you?

The Medic

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 AT 5:02 PM