Intermittent Acceleration problem

ERNIEMCWRENCH
  • 1994 FORD F-150

V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

My truck has a problem That I cant figure out. The Truck runs good most of the time but when I stop at a red light/stop sign it will not accelerate it spits sputters for approximately 2 min. Then it will cough and take off normally and run smooth. So far we have replaced the: tps, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator. And have cleaned the throttle body and air plenum. The cat has been removed. Fuel pressure is steady at 38 psi. Vacuum is steady at 14 hg.

Monday, March 1st, 2010 AT 1:26 PM

RACEFAN966

Ok so tell me does you truck have a mass air flow sensor or not? Is it a 5.0 or 5.8 ltr?

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 10:16 AM
ERNIEMCWRENCH

Engine is a 5.0 ltr. Yes it has a Mass Airflow sensor but it is not poping any codes.

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 12:20 PM
RACEFAN966

Ok it is an obd1 system and may not show any codes. What I would like you to do if you would is get some mass air flow cleaner (no other cleaner) and clean the mass air flow then start it and see if it idles and runs better. If it don't then unplug the mass air flow and start it and see how it idles, it will not have much if any throttle response so don't throttle it ok. Let me know how this goes. I will want to test the mass air flow sensor if it don't improve so you will need a digital multi meter.

Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 9:03 AM
JEREMY123637
  • 1994 FORD F-150
  • RWD

When I am driving my truck will bog down.

Monday, July 24th, 2017 AT 10:43 AM (Merged)
2CARPROS KEN

Here is a guide that will help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-has-low-power-output

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Monday, July 24th, 2017 AT 10:44 AM