1994 Ford F-150 Check engine light

FORD DC
  • 1994 FORD F-150
1994 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115k miles

Greetings,
Check engine light flashes 4 times within 30 seconds of cold startup. Engine rpm advances about 500 to a 1000 rpms within about 10 to 20 seconds of flashing. Engine rpm drops to stalling speed about 10 to 20 seconds after that and sometimes does stall, but usually picks back up to to hi idle and settles to idle. Engine runs fine for rest of operating cycle. Repeats each operating cycle at cold startup. All sensors tested or replaced. Have been opening and cleaning electrical connectors. KEY ON ENGINE OFF OBD 1 PROCEDURE SHOWS NO CODES EXCEPT 111( SYSTEM PASS). Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas?
Tnx
Saturday, January 26th, 2008 AT 1:44 PM

INDYUKE
Scan the computer and get us the codes. Since the check engine light is flashing, it has set code(s) and is a good place to start.

Autozone will scan the computer for you for free. Let us know.
-2
Monday, January 28th, 2008 AT 10:38 PM
K00KSTA
Have you found anything with this problem? I have a 1995 Ford Mustang with 80k Miles and it does the same exact thing. I have just recently put a 331 Stroker Motor in the car and have not yet pulled any codes to see so wondering if you found out what it was. Thanks
Thursday, October 9th, 2008 AT 8:38 AM
1995F150
I had the same thing happen to my 1995 f150. Truck would seem to run fine after startup. I searched high and low for reference to flashing CEL and found only a few posts with no solutions.
I started looking over the engine and found a broken vacuum line that runs from the solenoid at the back drivers side of engine to what appeares to be a diaphram for the EGR system at the very back of the engine.
The vacuum line was very brittle and easily broke in may fingers when I touched it.
Hope this helps.
Art
+1
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 8:08 AM