DUAL TANK FUEL SYSTEM

1994 Ford F-150

gahatten

November, 5, 2006 AT 2:54 PM

I own a 94 f-150 2 wheel drive truck with dual fuel tanks. While driving the truck stalled. I transfered to the other tank and was able to restart the truck and drive. I noticed that I can not hear the fuel pump in the tank that I was driving on when it stalled but can on the working tank. I pulled the switch from the wiring harness and jumped the harness and I still obtain the small results the front tank works and the rear tank does not. Both fuel pumps were changed roughly 5 years ago when I had the same problem and it ended up being the dash switch that was the problem. Is there anything else I should check before draining the tank and replacing the fuel pump in the tank that is causing the problem such as relays or a fuse or fuse link?

Bruce Hunt

November, 5, 2006 AT 6:39 PM

I would sure think that you could find the wiring for the pump on that tank and wire it directly to see if it functions.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8