1989 FORD F150 R&R FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ON FUEL INJE

• dieterschmied
  • 1989 Ford F-150

1989 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

My engine started idling rough then it regressed to hardly idling at all. The exhaust showed a rich mixture. I check vacuum lines and I remove the other end of the line going to the fuel pressure regulator and found gasoline slowly coming out of the vacuum line where it was attached to the intake manifold. Apparently the diaphragm in the regulator ruptured.

I can see the regulator below the manifold casting and I can get the visible vacuum line off, but how does one get to the regulator in order to remove it without removing the manifold? Is it possible?

Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 9:37 PM

• blackop555

Take the manifold off and save yourself the trouble. Ive done them with it on before. Took way too much time and hassle. Take off the manifold regulator will come right off. Only other thing you could try is pop off the fuel lines and pop the fuel rail off the injectors then replace it and put the line back on but once again thats too much trouble when taking the intake manifold off is easy and fast.

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 AT 12:22 PM