1989 Ford F-150 Fuel System

MISSIONSHELP1
  • 1989 FORD F-150

1989 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125325 miles

Replaced front fuel tank, pump everything. Replaced fuel filter. Now I don't get fuel to injectors from either tank. I checked pressure to injectors and no fuel. What am I missing?

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 10:40 AM

NEVERENOUGH

Hey, missionshelp1. Ran across your post. Is electrical power making it to your replacement job? May want to double check any wiring connectors you may have worked with and then check your fuel system fuse. (Your F-150 has a seperate fuse dedicated to fuel sys. Only, within the fuse panel).

If this all checks out good, there is a fuel shut-off switch designed to kill power to your fuel pump(s) in the event of a "red flag crash". This shut-off may have triggered itself off during the repairs.

The shut-off is located under dash, to the left of the steering column (about 8 inches left and 4 inches up). The shut-off has a red reset button (1/4" dia.) Which should protrude through the firewall insulation facing the drivers seat. If you don't spot it, look for the @1/2" hole in the insulation and fish around a bit for it. It's normal position is "out". If it has been tripped, you merely have to push in on it so it will click back out to the normal position again.

Hope this can be of help to you.

Neverenough

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 1:44 PM