F150 FUEL PUMP VOLTAGE

1989 Ford F-150

flytwins

April, 6, 2009 AT 5:30 PM

1989 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I am helping my neighbor get his 1989 f150 v8 running. It is getting spark, but no fuel pressure. The high pressure pump mounted inside the driver's frame rail was bad, (verified off the truck), I replaced it, but it is only getting 3.6 volts on the connector. Is there a fuel pump relay that would limit the voltage if bad? If so, how do I find it? If not, what would restrict the voltage to the pumps?
Also, it has 2 fuel tanks with a switch to change tanks. The in tank fuel pumps do not seem to work either, they should be low pressure (5-7 psi). I haven't checked voltage to them yet, I suspect the low voltage may be their problem too. Thanks

blackop555

April, 11, 2009 AT 6:10 PM

Check the connector for the pump. To where it connects at the sub frame rail that the transmission mounts on sometimes that wiring gets coroded at teh connector and kills outhe power.

What power you getting at rear fuel pump?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe