1989 Ford F-150

KRENZEL1
  • 1989 FORD F-150
The moter will not stay running unless I feed it fuel through the throttle body I can get it to start but I have to pump the throttle to keep it alive I have changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, throttle possion sensor, egr valve, and air bypass valve. I have not changed the fuel regulator and if I remove the vaccum line from the regulator it has no change to the problem so im thinking it might be the problem but would like to know if there is anything I am missing. I have a 94 f150 and tried the fuel regulator off of that one it dose not bolt up but we held it on there just to see if it made a difference but it didnt change a thing. Please let me know if I should try anything else I would like to get this fixed without putting alot of money into it. Its my farm truck and its not worth much. The problem started one morning when I went to start it and it ran fine the day before.
thank you
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 AT 12:18 AM

BMRFIXIT
Almost sure its a fuel issue to be 100% you need to check the fuel pressure using gauges
also you said that the fuel pump was replaced I believe you have two fuel pump witch one did u replace
intake fuel pump is low pressure
on the frame rail high pressure pump
check the fuel pressure to should be 30 to 45 PSI

need manual CHECK IT @
http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals.htm
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 AT 5:53 AM