1988 Ford F-150 Coolant Drain

PLHOUGHT
  • 1988 FORD F-150
Howdy!

A stretched fan-belt while driving up-hill resulted in a nasty overheat for my vehicle complete with spewing collant. When taking a look at it the next day, I discovered that the radiator drain petcock was missing (most likely blown out). Ive been going around all the rad-shops and the Ford dealership and none of the parts seem to fit. The Ford dealership themselves have told me three different part numbers; ive ordered them all, and none seem to work. If anyone out there has a copy of the service manual for this vehicle (1988 Ford F-150 4.9L 300ci I6 Manual Transmission), and would like to tell me the part number it specifies themselves, and perhaps provide a little scan of the diagram, that would be excellent! As you can imagine its frustrating to have a whole truck stuck just because of a little plastic drainplug! :)

Patrick Houghton
Thursday, January 5th, 2006 AT 11:02 AM

SMOKINFLOYD4.3
Id go ahead and get a whole new radiator, if you got it really hot it may start leaking on the side tanks.
Thursday, January 5th, 2006 AT 6:03 PM

Sponsored links