F150 NO SPARK

1987 Ford F-150

blackop555

June, 23, 2009 AT 10:10 AM

I want you to check spark on all cylinders with a spark tester.

do all have spark? How bout directly from coil with engine cranking? Get back to me.

2CarPros-Archives

June, 20, 2009 AT 1:47 AM

1987 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Been having problems starting my 87 f150. Thought at first it was a fuel problem so I changed the inline pump, filter, and relay. Sometimes tapping relay would allow it to start. Now nothing I try seems to work.I checked wiring at both tanks and all seems fine there. I pulled the front plug on drivers side and it smelled strongly of gas so I plugged it back into ignition wire rolled it over and no spark. I used my test light and check harness plug on the coil while still plugged in switch on and both lighted up. Now im lost any help would be greatly appreciated

blackop555

June, 23, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

Glad to hear that you have fixed your problem. Make sure you used all of the heat transfer gel you have gotten with the module on the back side. And if you ddint get any be sure to buy some and add it or else the module could overheat and burn up.

2CarPros-Archives

June, 23, 2009 AT 8:01 PM

Problem solved. Was a bad ignitition control module. Thanks evryone for help!

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz