1986 Ford F-150 no power

BLACKHAT89
  • 1986 FORD F-150
I just bought a 1986 f150. It is a stock factory vehicle with a 302. The starter relay was bad and the original owner had unhooked the wireing from it. There is no power to anything in the truck, no headlights, door buzzer, nothing. But the battery is fully charged.I would like to know which wires conect to to what side of the relay cause I think this is where the power starts. There are four wires in question and I will describe them from the end connecters to the harness;one black 16 gauge wire with a that plugs into the harness. One red 16 gauge that goes to a black fuse link and then becomes yellow, one black 16 gauge wire into an orange fuse link into black wire, one blue 18 gauge into black fuse link then becomes a yellow 18 gauge.I have already donated and I thank you.
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 5:32 PM

Hi blackhat89, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

How many small terminal on the starter relay if only one

Put the red and light blue wire on the S small terminal the rest goes to the battery terminal on it coming from the battery not to the starter side of the relay Let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_relay_32.jpg

Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 5:45 PM