05 FORD F150

• Kratzdiver
  • 2005 FORD F-150

I have a stupid question since I did something stupid. I have a new 2005 f150 4x4, I was driving today and I have been driving up to 60mph the last few days, and just noticed that my truck was in 4L it has electronic shifting. So what I did(not thinking at all) is shift it back to 2L without stoping I was going about 35mph, now I heard a grind then it went away. Of course I said oh #$%&! But I stopped and shifted it properly and it seemed to still work. My question is did I do any damage it seems to be driving ok.

Wednesday, January 11th, 2006 AT 1:26 PM

• Dude

:roll: read the owners manual, it tells how to shift on the fly and at what speed
when in 4x4 a light in the instrument panel tells you
My current truck is a f150 fx4 2005
The thing is you beat the snoots out of the cv joints doing what you did

Thursday, January 12th, 2006 AT 7:58 AM
  • Kratzdiver

I read the manual and believe it or not I do no how to operate it, it was just that I wasn't even thinking I was thinking I was in 4h which is ok to do that, but I was wondering if there wa damage to the transmission?

Thursday, January 12th, 2006 AT 1:59 PM