HEATER TROUBLE

Ford Explorer

t_inkman

February, 5, 2007 AT 6:55 PM

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer with a V6 engine. It has approx 168K on it. The Heater quit blowing hot air so I changed the thermostat and it fixed the problem for about 3 days. Thee heater was working fine until I turned the heater to the off position for a little bit while driving. When I turned it back on it started blowing cool air again. The temp guage wasn't in the normal position and I noticed it falling towards C and then back up again it did this several times while driving at highway speed. A day later it started working again. I turned it off again to see if it would do the same and it did. Not sure what to check next. I have noticed some other posts regarding the heater control valve and such. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Heater

bhugg

February, 9, 2007 AT 10:52 PM

Make sure that your raidiator if full of coolant. I have had the problem where the heater stopped heating and it turned out that we were just low on coolant.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement