AIR CONDITIONER PROBLEM

Ford Explorer

myaddy504

August, 3, 2007 AT 4:25 PM

I have a 93 ford explorer. Rebuilt 6 cylinder engine with 80k. Rebuilt r-134 a/c system( condenser, accumulator and compressor) The system is not blowing cold as it should. I check the accumulator, I believe that is the piece that has the orifice in it, and it seems to be working fine. Creating lots of condensation and is very cold to the touch. However the air still only blows cool. Not as cold as it should. Where and how should I check for the problem. Thank you.

myaddy504

August, 3, 2007 AT 5:32 PM

I rebuilt the a/c and bought all new parts to convert the r-12 into r-134. Yeah I am not real sure on what the parts are called. It is manual temp control. I don't have anything but wrenches lol.

myaddy504

August, 3, 2007 AT 6:14 PM

I don't believe I need to charge it. I took it to the shop and they hooked up to their guages and said that it had the proper pressure. And like I said everything is cold until it reaches the cab of the truck. What would I use the home kit for?

myaddy504

August, 5, 2007 AT 7:46 AM

No I believe we just cleaned the evaporater core. And we did add the right amount of oil. I am getting answers from Autozone that it sounds like my blenddoor on the truck isn't functioning right beacuase an actuator is bad and isn't pulling the right amount of vacuum.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement