4 wheel drive not working

DANTRISH_ALWAYS
  • FORD EXPLORER
I have a1992 ford explorer with 70,000 miles 4.0 litre v6 and the four wheel drive does not work. The lights on the dash do not come on when u push the button. Thay do light up for a split second when u start it. And u can hear a little clicking sound at the transfer when u push the 4 wheel drive button. It does have locking hubs also and I made sure they r locked in and I realy need my four wheel drive to work. Thanks for your time on this.
Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 5:41 AM

JACK42
Start by testing the switch to be sure it is working properly. Get back to us after that
Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 10:37 AM
DANTRISH_ALWAYS
Is the button supposed to stay in when u push it in or is it designed to not stay in?
Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 1:40 PM
JACK42
Not sure. Does it have continuity when depressed?
Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 2:51 PM
DANTRISH_ALWAYS
Is the button supposed to stay in when u push it in or is it designed to not stay in?[/Quote:6defd79bab]how do I check to c if the button works? It does feel a littleweird when u push it in.
Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 AT 7:26 AM
JACK42
A meter would be nice or a test light. See if it has power on one side, if it does, does th epower connect through when the button is pushed? No power use continuity test on meter and see if it gets through
Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 AT 7:59 AM