BLEND DOOR

2004 Ford Explorer

spoiledbratkg

October, 12, 2008 AT 12:22 PM

Heater problem
2004 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

My heater is out in my explorer, the AC works fine and so does the blower. I hear a loud knocking noise anytime I move the dial to heater. I was told by a mechanic that the blendoor was broken. If I remove the radio, could I fix this part and reach it?

Rear Door

crystalcass

October, 12, 2008 AT 12:48 PM

Replacing the blend door is quite expensive. I had mine replaced last winter and it cost $300. Part is only $12 but they have to take the whole dash out to replace it.

kerenself

October, 12, 2008 AT 10:21 PM

I would get a service manual and research this further. If it is the blend door it is not accessible behind the radio, it would actually be behind the glove compartment.
If the blend door and/or blend door actuator IS at fault you should hear the blower motor come on, but would get either no air flow or just cold air through your vents when the heater is on. - I would also check to make sure both of your heater hoses going into the dash through the firewall are hot to make sure that we have good flow through the heater core.

tglenn

April, 26, 2009 AT 5:20 PM

It's accesed from the drivers side lower panel. Go to heatertreater. Net for pics, video, and kit.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner