2003 Ford Explorer Check Engine Light is on

SPINNA44
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER
I have a 2003 explorer. I recently had an issue where my O/D sensor blinks one of a while. My tranmission seems to be working fine, I am not having trouble shifting into gears but it seems to rev a little higher in between 1/2 before is shifts (only some times) After a couple days the O/D sensor light is now not blinking but my check engine light just came on. And has not stayed on. I brought it down to local Autozone to have it put on Diagnostic test to see if there are any error codes. And for some reason there Reader could not read anything on my truck. The autozone employee mentioned it should work but indicated I may have a fuse out. I checked the manual and of course none are listed as this fuse. Do you happen to know what may be an ailment where the diagnostic could not be done? Also any insight you ahve on the O/D Sensor is appreciated. I have read horror stories about transmissions and some people say celinoid sensors.
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 7:49 AM

Actually, if you are not getting codes, make sure the wiring harness to the PCM is tight and clean. Also, check the power distribution box / relay box under the hood for fuse problems.

As far as the 1 - 2 shift, chances are the shift solenoid is bad. There are two of them. One is for the 1-2 shift and the other for 3-4.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 1:45 AM