2002 Ford Explorer

JACK LIPPETT
  • 2002 FORD EXPLORER
Good Afternoon; This truck is running rough sometimes almost stalling with the check engine light flashing. Codes are P0300 ( random misfire) P0306 ( misfire #6) P316 ( not listed but ford says it also means # 6 is misfiring) P1000. After I clear the codes the truck runs fine for a couple of miles then the check engine light starts to flash and with in 5 miles it is running rough. I have replaced all the spark plugs, the capacitor on #6, the Idle air sensor, and the MAFF sensor. In addition I also replaced the fuel filter. I have searched th net for similar problems and the ideas are all over the place. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Jack
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 AT 1:39 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Do you have a diagnostic scan tool or code reader? Will need scanner to find out Fords are the hardest of all cars to diagnose. Give a look at the EGR it can cause also fuel pressure, crank sensor and cam pulse wheel all set trhose codes
. The P1000 is set by not clearing completly. After you clear do a quick test to see all codes gone.
Let me know
Thanks for donate
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 AT 2:14 PM