ROUGH IDLE

2001 Ford Explorer

koffacus

March, 6, 2008 AT 5:37 PM

2001 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

My truck started stalled one day after I came to a stop at a light and it took longer than normal for it to start back up. It did this for 2 days and then the check engine light came on. I scanned the code and it came up with P0118 coolant temp sensor high input. So I replaced both coolant temp sensors on the truck. Also since I had the upper intake off I also did the gaskets. After the repair the vehicle still idles very rough and sounds like its detonating when put in gear. Initial acceleration is rough and the revs seem to go higher than normal. Now I'm not sure why the light came on for the sensor because it is still running poorly. Is this just a coincidence or is there still another problem like ignition or a stuck erg valve?

flexy5

March, 6, 2008 AT 9:24 PM

Is the light on again? It sounds like it may be a fuel delivery problem. When you described it as detonating, are you talking about spark knock or something else?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8