2001 Ford Explorer Car won't run after transmission fluid c

JOSS6285
  • 2001 FORD EXPLORER
Well, my explorer was running perfectly fine, it shifted smoothly and it worked great. I took it to my mechanic to have the transmission fluid changed. He also replaced the transmission filter. We found out that the oil was very burned and my car now won't run after the fluid change. My mechanic says that the transmission is bad because it got used to run with the burned oil and that I need to buy a new transmission. I just want to get a second opinion because I feel my car should still run perhaps with some problem in the shifting. I've had this truck for almost a year and a half and have no idea when the transmission was serviced last and now it doesn't get any traction at all. Perhaps he didn't do it right. Please help, I also noticed the he poured the new fluid into the transmission with the car off and I'm told they have to do it with the engine running but I don't know. Thanks
Thursday, November 12th, 2009 AT 11:39 PM

MHPAUTOS
The transmission should still work with the new clean oil, he may not have filled it correctly or there is a problem with the filter, if the job was done correctly and it was working before it should still work, I would get the level re checked and if that is OK, make sure that nothing was disturbed when the filter was changed, start here.

Friday, November 13th, 2009 AT 1:51 AM