2000 Ford Explorer sercuity

JOHNLUARK
  • 2000 FORD EXPLORER
  • AWD
I was changing a fuse for my tail lights and pulled the wrong one, in turn my engine shut off. I put it back and also a new one for my tail lights and I think it did something to the sercuity system. It doesnt want to start now, I get nothing. All my lights come on but I cant get the engine to turn over at all. I bought it at the auction so I have no manual or any information on the vehicule. Its my only car, Please try to help?
Monday, March 29th, 2010 AT 12:21 AM

DAVE H
DESCRIPTION
Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) is designed to prevent driveaway thefts. The system is passive in that it does not require any activity from the user. System uses radio frequency identification technology to verify if proper key is being used to attempt to start the vehicle.
During each starting sequence, the encoded ignition key is interrogated by vehicle anti-theft electronics. If the key's identification code is programmed into anti-theft system, vehicle is capable of starting. If key's identification code is incorrect or missing, vehicle is prevented from starting.
PATS module communicates with the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through Module Communication Network (MCN). PCM then determines if engine will be enabled to start. If the PCM prevents vehicle from starting because of PATS, PCM will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in memory.
PATS vehicle protection system consists of these components: PATS module, anti-theft indicator (THEFT) light, PATS transceiver module, encoded ignition key, module communications network and Data Link Connector (DLC).
OPERATION
ANTI-THEFT INDICATOR (THEFT) LIGHT
THEFT indicator light located on right side of instrument cluster is used to prove out system operation status. Under normal operation THEFT indicator light will illuminate for 3 seconds when ignition switch is in RUN or START position, and then turn off. If a problem exists in PATS, THEFT indicator light will flash rapidly or illuminate constantly with ignition switch in RUN or START position.
Monday, March 29th, 2010 AT 4:16 AM