2000 Ford Explorer Heater

SWEYANDT
  • 2000 FORD EXPLORER
I have a 2000 fird explorer and I have no heat. I have heard from many people that it might be my heater core but im not sure. Is there any way to find out if it is the heater core that is causing the car to not have any heat or is it something else.
Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 AT 8:09 PM

DAVE H
Try bleeding the system you may just have air trapped?

COOLING SYSTEM BLEEDING
WARNING:When engine is operating, Do not remove radiator cap under any conditions. Failure to follow instruction may damage cooling system or engine, or cause personal injury. Always wrap protective material around radiator cap to avoid injury from hot coolant.

Except Villager
Turn heater controls to maximum and set air discharge to instrument panel vents. Turn blower to high. Fill cooling system with 50/50 mixture of coolant and water. Pause several minutes for circulation. Start engine and allow to idle. While engine is idling, feel for hot air at instrument panel vents. If air discharge remains cool and coolant temperature gauge does not move, coolant level is low.
Stop engine and allow it to cool. Top off coolant as necessary. Start engine and allow it to idle until normal operating temperature is reached. Hot air should discharge from instrument panel vents. Coolant temperature gauge should maintain a stable reading in middle of range. Upper radiator hose should feel hot to touch. Stop engine and allow it to cool. Top off coolant as necessary. Check for coolant leaks.
Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 AT 8:48 PM