2000 Ford Explorer Car will not start

ELWAYGIRL72
  • 2000 FORD EXPLORER
Car will not start some days. I have full power since all lights are one and radio just will not kick over. I will then jump the car and it will start right up. THis happend every day or sometimes it will not happen for 2 days. I have replaced the battery and had a dull tune up and replaced the fuel filter which was bad.
Monday, February 1st, 2010 AT 2:17 PM

Hi elwaygirl72, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Battery and alternator okay?

If you're talking about its cranking over and W/N start do below and come back with some testing results we move from here.
Monday, February 1st, 2010 AT 2:24 PM
ELWAYGIRL72
Battery and alternator are fine. Battery replaced 2 months ago and had the alternator checked 2 times and it read fine.
Monday, February 1st, 2010 AT 2:27 PM
Sorry!

Get a starting fluid/ether/better off gas in a spray bottle and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Monday, February 1st, 2010 AT 2:29 PM