1995 Ford Explorer Engine stalls

JIMINOHIO2010
  • 1995 FORD EXPLORER
Engine stalls after about 30 minutes of running. Seems like when engine and componets are warmed up that is when it stalls. It will not restart for about 45 to 60 minutes later
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 10:41 AM

When it won't start, have you checked to see if the engine is getting spark and fuel?
+1
Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 AT 1:09 AM
Can you hear the fuel pump running for a second or so when you first turn the key?
+1
Thursday, August 19th, 2010 AT 8:58 PM
JIMINOHIO2010
Yes I can hear the fuel pump and know there is no spark when this happens. I actually removed the coil pack to cool it down just in case it might be it but as far as it getting hot and not working, this is not it. If it has no spark should I still check for fuel
+1
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 10:40 PM
No, if there is no spark, that is why it won't start. Chances are it is a bad crank sensor, but has the check engine light come on? Also, are you sure the fuel pump is turning on? The EEC relay will sometimes shut everything down, but if you hear the fuel pump, that isn't the problem.

Let me know.
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 11:03 PM
JIMINOHIO2010
The only time the check engine light comes on is when the engine stalls as all the other lights as well. When I turn the key I can hear a consistant sound that sounds like a pump
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 11:12 PM
JIMINOHIO2010
Also if its is the crankshaft sensor why would it start working again after about a hour or two sitting
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 11:15 PM
They cool off and will work again. However, the fuel pump shouldn't be running consistantly. When you first turn the key, you should hear it for about a second or two.
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 11:55 AM
JIMINOHIO2010
Where is the crankshaft position sensor located on a 1995 ford exployer 4.0 4wd
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 2:21 PM
It is near the front harmonic balancer on the end of the crank shaft.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_5_56.jpg

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 8:26 PM
JIMINOHIO2010
Ok when the engine stalled I took normal water and cooled the crankshaft sensor for 5 minutes. I did this six times to make sure it did it every time the same. All 6 times the engine restarted after 5 minutes. Since the water was sprayed there and some may have hit other area would there be anything else that you can think of when I cooled that area down that would have the same affect
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 11:52 PM
There isn't anything other that is there.
Thursday, August 26th, 2010 AT 8:16 AM