Vacuum lines

MALONG23236
  • 1994 FORD EXPLORER
One of the six lines on my upper intake manifold vacuum tree is broken/open/exposed. I cannot find the end that it connects to. I looked in the Haynes Repair Manual but could not find the scheme that diagram the connection. I also when to the Ford website. Is there another source?
Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 12:36 PM

DAVE H
Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_vac_3.jpg

+2
Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 2:34 PM
LBRYSON
  • 1994 FORD EXPLORER
I have a 1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 with 190,000 miles. I have been hearing some knocking noise when the vehicle was under preasure. Ie climbing hills or drastic speed increase while passing other vehicles. I replaced both oxygen sensors and the noise is still there. Now about three times a month the vehilce will sound like its backfiring through the intake and blow my vacume hoses off. I reconnect the vacume hoses and the vehicle will run fine for another week and then blow them off again. I have noticed that there is oil around the vacume hose also.
Friday, May 31st, 2019 AT 10:44 AM (Merged)
MERLIN2021
If your engine backfires thru the intake, either the timming is off(chain may have jumped a tooth) or the cam lobes are worn. Perform a compression test.
LBRYSON
Would the timing or the cam lobes make the vacume lines blow off. The vehicle runs fine until the lines blow off. About once every two weeks
MERLIN2021
When it backfires, yes it could, does it backfire and the lines come off, or do the lines blow off, then backfire?Nd is the check engine light on, or flashing? Also how is the PCV? Remove it, shake it, can you hear it rattle? If not, replace it.
JERRYWROBIDEAU
  • 1994 FORD EXPLORER
Where are the vacuum lines
BLACKOP555
There are vaccum lines all over the underhoood compartment, and under the vehicle and in the cab.

Look at the underhood vaccum routing diagram to find out where your lines are.
LIVINGLOYAL
  • 1992 FORD EXPLORER
The diagram has warn off and I need to know which hose connects to which spot. I have searched the web, I have the manual, but still cant figure out which hose goes to which correct spot.

Thank you
How 'bout an engine size?

Need to know to get the right diagram.

The Medic
SATURNTECH9
I need to know what size engine you have?
MARTYEVER
  • 1992 FORD EXPLORER
All tha vaccum lines have fuel in them
ENGINEMAN 73
Does truck run rough and/or die? I would check fuel pressure regulator on fuel rail. If regulator diaphram is bad it will leak fuel into vacuum line that is attached.
MARTYEVER
I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and solved the problem thank you
BARRELRACER400HP
  • 1992 FORD EXPLORERFORD EXPLORER
I have a 1993 Ford explorer xlt 4x4 with a 4.0 liter that has 64,000 miles.

I picked this vehicle up a month ago and it was loping at accellerationb so I checked vaccum lines. I found a vaccume line was missing, with a stub and a screw in the end to replace it. The vacuum line chart only shows a few vacuum lines and I cant find the end of the line, is there any complete chart?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/104840_red_arrow_2.jpg

Also, It makes a single clunk when turning the wheels either way. I just replaced the front shocks, lubricated every nook and cranny available to stop some annoying squeeking, hoping the noise was friction, but its still doing it. I just had the hubs serviced and learned one of fords dumber ideas is that you can't lubricate the ball joints. My mechanic explained that when they get dry you just have to replace them.... Do you thing this could be the noise?
It doesnt sound like a serious problem but I have noticed speeds over 55, there is a light shudder comming from the front end... It could also be the age and everything has seen better days, but if you could just ease my mind, Thanks!
MERLIN2021
To get the propper diagram for your truck I need the ca;ibration code! It should be on the drivers door jamb, and on one ot the valve covers. To test the ball jpoints, jack the truck with a floor jack, under the ball joit as close to the tire as you can, then try to shake the whell by placing your hands at 1200 oclock and 6 oclock. Then at 3 and 9, any play? Play means something is worn. Could be tie rod ends or ball joints. Clunk can be ball joint or control arm bushings. It looks like all 4.0 goes from the throttle body to the cannister purge.
-1
BIGDADDY999
  • 1992 FORD EXPLORER
I have 1 small vacuum line that is broken, coming from drivers side to passenger side

the 2nd one is by the air conditioner one end goes into a circle cap and comes out of it, but it looks like the bottom is broken

where do they come from and where do they go
What engine?
BIGDADDY999
4.0 litre engine v6
Heres a diagram you can look and see where you are talking about.
BIGDADDY999
What do the abreviations mean in your diagram, please tell me what they are thank you