1994 Ford Explorer Check engine light on

LIONEL_LAMPKIN
  • 1994 FORD EXPLORER
I've just bought a 1994 Ford explorer and the check engine light comes on. I replace the muffler and the engine started knocking after driving 3 blocks, some believed it was the rocker arms after hearing it. A rattling sound followed, as though there was a nut or screw loose in the moter. I noticed a hole in the EGR valve pipe and one of the stems on the pipe was missing and I replaced it, but before I did the knocking and rattling suddenly stopped. Check engine like still came on, so I went to an auto parts store and they helped me scan my cars system. The code # 326 came back and read EGR Sensor Circuit voltage lower than expected and there was also a reading that just said Cylinder - 6. Can some one clue me in on what's going on and what to do?

Lionel
Thursday, November 4th, 2010 AT 11:56 AM

Have you repaired the EGR? As far as the #6, it sounds like a misfire issue which could be caused by the hole in the EGR. Since you know that problem is there, I would start by repairing it to see if it takes care of the other problem.
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 7:09 AM
LIONEL_LAMPKIN
Hello Jacobandnickolas, Thank you for your reply, I replaced the EGR valve and pipe before I received the reading of "6 Cylinder"!
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 2:45 PM
Can you feel the misfire?
Saturday, November 6th, 2010 AT 1:25 AM