1992 Ford Explorer Doesnt want to start sometimes

CARJBART
  • 1992 FORD EXPLORER
Started a month ago problem persisted so we replace the battery. Ran foe several weeks ust fine but now its doing it again. What is is doing is:
Sometimes you get in and turn the key and nothing happens. Other times it starts just fine. Yesterday it finally came to a head. It would not start so friend jumped the vehicle and we drove it to their house.
Car would not start after that, not even with a jump.
Replaced solenoid next to the battery, did nothing. That alternator guage inside the car show positive like it should, when the car is running.
Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 9:09 AM

Hi
I need you to test something. If the starter isn't working, have a helper turn the key to the start position while you check for 12 volts at the smaller wire at the starter. Let me know what you find. This will tell me if the starter is the problem or we need to go to the relay. Also, make sure the ground wire to the engine block is tight and clean.
Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 5:01 PM