AIR CONDITIONING PROBLEM2004 FORD EXPEDITION V8...

2004 Ford Expedition

EmilyWalker

July, 19, 2010 AT 12:51 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

AC was blowing fuse so I had a new compressor put on it. It worked for 5 days and quit again. Didn't blow a fuse this time, and it is full of gas. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it?

Jacobandnickolas

July, 20, 2010 AT 12:57 AM

Was the clutch replaced with the new compressor? Are you getting power to the clutch? Does the compressor cycle on and off at all?

EmilyWalker

July, 20, 2010 AT 6:33 AM

The compressor isn't engaging at all. I am being told the clutch was replaced with the new compressor, said it was a " complete" compressor. I do not know if the clutch is getting power, how can I tell?

Jacobandnickolas

July, 20, 2010 AT 10:42 PM

The clutch is usually part of the new compressor, so chances are they are being honest. To check for power, there is a single wire that runs to the compressor clutch. Use a test light or amp gauge to see if there is power to it.

NOTE: Please be careful near the pullies and belt.

Let me know what you find.

EmilyWalker

August, 6, 2010 AT 2:17 PM

Compressor contunies to blow fuses. I had the Clutch Coil replaced and it worked for about 5 minutes and blew the fuse. The Fuse Buddy shows its only pulling 3.7 amps but its blowing 15 and 20 amp fuses. Now I am told there must be a naked wire between the compressor and fuse box and when I am driving its causing it to touch metal or another wire causing the fuse to blow. I have gotten the climate control wiring diagram from the dealer, and they gave me a pinpoint test printout. However the pinpoint test tells me nothing because I don't have a scan tool. I am told by the parts store it could be a relay, but I cant find an ac compressor or AC clutch relay. Other than a short in the wiring, any other suggestions?

Jacobandnickolas

August, 7, 2010 AT 1:13 AM

The relay wouldn't cause the fuse to blow. You have to have a short to the compressor.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet