2002 Ford Expedition Do I really need a new engine

SUE2E
  • 2002 FORD EXPEDITION
I bought my truck new. I had it blow a sparkplug with about 30000 miles. Ford replaced the head. I have had coils, intake manifold gaskets, oxygen sensor, wires, plugs, on and on tests this year to then be told I have low compression on the left side & lower engine knock. It went from running great to will hardly go 35 miles per hour in less than 100 miles. It will idle but if you give it much gas it just starts shaking and making horrible noises out the engine. Sorry I'm not much on mechanic problems. I'm just trying to figure out if Ford know what they are talking about. Just seems weird for my truck to go bad so fast
Saturday, November 6th, 2010 AT 6:38 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi sue2e,

With the mileage on the vehicle, the engine should still be in good running order, unless something is terribly wrong.

Low compression and lower engine knocks indicates a possible fault with the lubricating system resulting in major damages to the engine.

Without the physical vehicle, it is difficult to comment on the engine condition and if possible, get a second or even 3rd opinion.
Sunday, November 7th, 2010 AT 4:06 AM