Driver Window off track?

DARRENK
  • 2000 FORD EXPEDITION
Interior problem V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

The driver side window seems to be off the track and dislodged. The window slides within the door. How do you reattach or reinstall the window in the track/regulator?
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 AT 12:10 AM

KEN

The window gets off track because the window regulator is bad and needs to be replaced. Here is a guide to help you get an idea of what you are in for when doing the job.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-and-replace-a-electric-power-window-motor

Here are diagrams of what it will be like for your car (below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, December 18th, 2017 AT 1:54 PM
HUCK572
  • 2000 FORD EXPEDITION
Interior problem
2000 Ford Expedition V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic

driver's side window goes down ok but comes up off track. I have to raise it a few inches, pull it to the reare and so on until it is up. Not completely up aligned.
Monday, December 18th, 2017 AT 1:54 PM (Merged)
Have you removed the door panel to check the linkage?
-2
Monday, December 18th, 2017 AT 1:55 PM (Merged)
JRG9662
  • 2001 FORD EXPEDITION
Interior problem
2001 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

the drivers side window has come off the track. How do I remove the panel and fix?
DOCFIXIT
Hi
Can't remember site but Google door panel removal
REAMAT
  • 2002 FORD EXPEDITION
Interior problem
2002 Ford Expedition V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

my window fell off track and I canot open my door from the inside something is lodge in the way and the door knob wont move
REAMAT
JIMUNDERWOOD
  • 2001 FORD EXPEDITION
Interior problem
2001 Ford Expedition V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My passenger side door window will not roll up. I was not broken. While frozen I attempted to roll down window. Something clicked like it came off of track or something. The windows motor diffidently is working. While driving it slipped down into the door. Still unbroken. How do I repair and put it back on track?
DAVE H
POWER WINDOW MOTOR
WARNING:Failure to ensure regulator arms are in fixed position before removing window motor from regulator could result in personal injury.

NOTE:Window regulator and motor are removed as an assembly.

Removal & Installation (Doors)
Remove door trim panel, door radio speaker and watershield. Raise and support glass in full up position. Disconnect motor electrical connector. Remove window glass-to-regulator nuts.
Drill out rivets that attach motor and window regulator assembly to door. Remove motor and window regulator assembly.
Ensure regulator arms are in fixed position to prevent counterbalance spring unwind when motor is removed. Remove motor from regulator assembly.
To install, reverse removal procedure. Use heavy-duty riveter to install new rivets. Cycle door glass to ensure gear engagement.
MORSE999
  • 1998 FORD EXPEDITION
1998 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 153000 miles

Help! I initially had a problem with the windows falling out of the tracks. I had this repaired, but it did not last. Then, the rear left window stopped working. After I put the drivers window back on the track for a second time, suddenly they all stopped working. Thankfully they were all rolled up at the time. I'm getting no power to any of the windows now. The power locks still work. I checked the main fuses under they hood, but they did not appear to be blown. I replaced them anyway, but it did not fix the problem.
KEN
It sounds like your main window switch is disconeccted or shorted. You may have to replace the window regulator on the window that keep falling out of the track. To test the window motor on the passanger side follow this instruction - http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/power_window.htm please let me know how it goes. Thanks for using 2carpros.com
JUSLIKEME2
  • 1999 FORD EXPEDITION
  • AWD
Interior problem
1999 Ford Expedition V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Is there a way that I can get my window back on track without taking it to a mechanic. And how can I get the panel off?
+1
Hi:
The panel is held on by a few screws and plastic clips you can't see until removed. Remove all screws, and then you will pull and the clips will pop off too. That way you will have access to the window track.