2000 Ford Expedition Cylinder 2 Misfire

ASAPP001
  • 2000 FORD EXPEDITION
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition and I just started having a ton of problems with it. It has brand new catalitic converters front and rear, new o2 sensors on bank 2, new altinator, battery, belt, and vacuum line. Now the code is reading Cylinder 2 misfire. I have checked the coils and all seem to be fine. I know that there is a small exhaust leak which I will fix tomorrow could this be the problem? And if not what else could this possibly mean?
Wednesday, March 18th, 2009 AT 8:58 PM

Misfire at cyl. No.2 should prompt you to check the sparkplug/compression/injector for that cyl.

Engine misfires can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.
Wednesday, March 18th, 2009 AT 11:16 PM