2000 Ford Expedition Check engine light/ loss of power

BLACKHAWKPRYD
  • 2000 FORD EXPEDITION
My 2000 Ford Expedition check engine light is on. I hooked up tp a diagnostic machine at Autozone with the codes telling me that that #2 cylindar wasn't firing and that both sides weren't getting enough fuel.

What is happening is when I go up hills I lose power. When I try to accelerate once I hit 3000 RPM's it drastically loses power while jumping to 400+ RPM's.

Am I looking at a tune up or am I also looking at transmission problems?
Sunday, December 30th, 2007 AT 8:35 AM

BLACKHAWKPRYD
BTW, by the time I got home I couldn't get to 70mph when it would happen on flat ground.
Sunday, December 30th, 2007 AT 10:38 AM
BLACKHAWKPRYD
Do you have to pay to get an answer or is payment an appreciated donation?
Friday, January 4th, 2008 AT 8:53 PM
FLEXY5
The payment is not required, but a donation is appreciated since the answers mostly come from people who give up their time to do this. I am assuming that by mentioning that both sides weren't getting enough fuel, were there two other codes as well? Possibly P0171, P0174? Most of the time these codes appear it is due to an intake leak. The engine sucks in unmetered air and the ratio of air and fuel is compensated. The computer registers that there is not enough fuel being burned and dials up the fuel injector pulse. But if the intake leak is severe enough, the computer cannot safely compensate enough and kicks out those two codes. Since you have a misfire code as well it is possible that the intake leaks are gasket failures where the plastic intake meets the aluminum heads. It is not uncommon for these to go bad since the heat and expansion of the aluminum differs from the plastic. I would start looking for vaccum leaks first before anything else. If you have any questions you can PM me.
Saturday, January 5th, 2008 AT 9:44 PM