Ford Escape lack of power

SHAWN67
  • 2004 FORD ESCAPE
My 04 escape struggles to reach 30 mph. Trouble code for tps sensor low input, I changed tps sensor, cleaned IAC valve and cleaned throttle body. Nothing changed. Also fairly low idle. Any help appreciated.
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 AT 8:37 AM

Rescan for code as it may be a shorted wire or another sensor causing problem. Check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it. Send us the dtc but it may be another problem
+1
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 AT 9:37 AM
SHAWN67
The DTC was po122. TP sensor low circuit. The check engine light has'nt come back on yet as I unhooked the battery when I changed tps sensor.I'll try and get a fuel pressure gauge this afternoon. It was loaned out at the auto parts store when I checked. Thanks!
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 AT 10:23 AM
Disconnecting the battery will not make the code go away it just stored into the computer. Unless you have a scanner is the only way to erase it. Is this an electronic throttle control? It makes a difference it may need a programming reflash but need to know what type of throttle it is
+1
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 AT 11:59 AM
SHAWN67
Trouble codes are p1120, po113, po511, po403. Fuel pressure is fine. Seems to be a hissing at the egr valve when idling. Included is a picture of throttle body are. Advice appreciated.
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 AT 12:52 PM
For 113 check iat and or maf sensor for resistance see pics on where. Check for a vacuum leak or cracks around egr or bad gasket. Make sure it's cleaned out as well as sometimes they clog. Need to know if it 's electric or vacuum though. For 511 check idle air control valve for plugging and or pintle sticking. Best to clean this and throttle plate on both sides with choke cleaner. For 1120 by cleaning throttle plate may take that code away. Also check for a cracked intake manifold at egr if it's plastic.
+1
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 AT 3:22 PM