2001 Ford Escape Ford Escape has no power (at all)

MARTINFAMILY
  • 2001 FORD ESCAPE
My Ford Escape will not start. It has no power. There are no door locks, no clock, no lights, no instrument panel, no anything.....
The battery is only a few months old so that is no my issue (hopefully). The key will turn but makes no noise and nothing flashes. It is stuck at my place of employment tonight.

It is like it has just shut down.
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 7:53 PM

TOOOMANYTOYS
By the description given I would have to say the battery is dead. I read that the battery was just replaced, however if there is a draw on the vehicle such as a glove box light staying on or something similiar. That would drain a battery. Also the charging system needs to be checked to make sure the battery is maintaining proper voltage while vehicle is running.
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:12 PM
MARTINFAMILY
The escape was drove to work and parked. I went out an hour later and it was dead. Could it have drained that quickly? What about a main fuse? Is that possible?
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:16 PM
TOOOMANYTOYS
It could be a main fuse, but its not likely to blow a main fused while parked. (Still possiable though) Have you tried to jump start yet? If when jumper cables are attached to battery see if power comes on. If yes then you have a draw somewhere. If not you have an open from battery to starter (main fuse or cable). Let me know which it is so that I may further help you to diagnosis.
-1
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:39 PM
MARTINFAMILY
YEAH! It is running. Got a tester and it lit up when plugged to battery. Tried to jump it but it would just click. Finally was taking battery off to take it back where I bought it in May.

Tried to start it again while twisting negative side and it starting dinging inside of the car. Then it started when we turned the key. We had scraped out build up on the positive side yesterday but not the negative side. The negative side was built up but it was barely noticeable. Looking at it you would not think it had enough to make a difference.

Thanks for the help and advice.
Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 AT 9:54 AM
TOOOMANYTOYS
Very glad to see its up and running again. Thank you for the positive points.
Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 AT 8:50 PM