ENGINE STOPS WHEN COMING INTO A HALT

2005 Ford E-Series Van

Manuel Cordovez

December, 26, 2007 AT 8:09 PM

Engine problem
2005 Ford E-Series Van V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 11,000 miles

The engine runs at 500 rpm instead of 700 at times, then when coming into a stop the engine shuts down. Sometimes runs fine around 700 rpm, the engine is a 4.6 L. At times it accelerates over 1,000 rpms and goes low, may be related to the automatic speed control?
Recently took the Van to the dealer for that reason and they changed the gas filter, spark plugs air filter and troobleshot the problem.
The symptoms are random, it may work fine for days and come back, at the dealer they told me that were dirty contacts and they cleaned some and got fixed.
The dealer recently fire all the staff and got new mechanics and my feeling is that they dont not much about this brand of car yet, this is overseas in Panama. Thats the reason I am posting this, dont feel like taking the car to the dealer again. By the way the Van is still under warranty.
Seems like a problem with the electronic ignition.
Thanks for your help!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out