1996 E-350 SHUTTLE BUS STALLS IN REVERSE

• Fullmetaljoey
  • 1996 FORD E-SERIES VAN

Hi, I have a 1996 Ford E-350 351 v-8 gas Champion Shuttle bus dually. My bands tour vehicle. It has a few issues and has been to many mechanics and shops with no site of being fixed.

Stalls in reverse. You can hear the idle drop from park to drive, and raises in neutral. When put in reverse idle drops a lot and we usually have a trailer of band gear, if we try to back at all while turning or pressing brakes (power steering and brakes drawing power away from motor) she stalls. Or up any sort of incline she stalls. My uncle (diesel mechanic at bus garage) cleaned the intakes and did a full tune up and it got a little better. Still stalls horribly though. Someone suggested torque converter. Someone else shot that idea down?

Thanks so much for your help and input. My band and I really appreciate it! -Joey

Sunday, November 25th, 2007 AT 9:45 PM