1996 Ford Crown Victoria Brake failure

MUSTANGBURCH
  • 1996 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
My friends and I were out on some back roads having fun so there were rocks flying when my brake light on the dash came on. Everything we ok for awhile then I pulled over for a little bit and got back in and the brake pedal was mush. I had to put it to the floor to stop it. I checked the master cylinder in the dark with a flashlight and it was empty, but no leaks comming from it. Im guessing it has to be a brake line, but not sure. I still did make the 10 miles back home. It just took about a block to stop though. Please help me and thank you for your time.
Friday, February 22nd, 2008 AT 10:58 PM

You're leaking somewhere -the brake M/C just don't get dry like that.
Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 AT 12:31 AM
MUSTANGBURCH
Yah I know, but I couldnt do anything last night because it is so dark. Im pretty sure a brake line went south. Only about a $30 dollar fix so no biggie.
Thanks for your reply
Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 AT 12:11 PM
Better get it fix fast -you're in danger here and others -don't use duck tape lol BTW I didn't know it was dark last night, the only thing I know is to help people with car problems.

You have a nice day comeback if needed-Good Luck!
Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 AT 5:00 PM
MUSTANGBURCH
Wow this is a biggie. I really cant afford to have it in the shop. My friend and I took a look today and the main brake line running down the driver side has a leak in it. Bad enough that when I pump the brake, brake fluid actually squirts. I cant find a replacement online so im guessing the only thing I can do is put it in a shop. Any suggestions on a quick fix. And I will take your words of wisdom of no duct tape haha. Thanks for you help so far. Sorry it took so long to get this information on the problem.
Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 AT 5:12 PM
Go to a parts store and match your brake line with a short piece- fabricate it and use a compression fittings on it.
Sunday, February 24th, 2008 AT 11:48 PM
MUSTANGBURCH
Ok sounds good. I will get on that. Thank you for all the help you have given me.
Monday, February 25th, 2008 AT 3:48 PM