Emmision Question on 86 Ford BroncoII

PAUL75
  • 1986 FORD BRONCO
I have recently put on a new Distributor Cap, Rotor, Plugs and Plug Wires on my 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L FI 4X4. And the same night I had done this after I started it the emission light has came on and will not go off if I try to reset the computer, I had someone run a scan on it and they could not complete the scan because it wouldnt complete the test without dieing on him so I took a shot in the dark and replaced the EGR Valve and it did no good. If anyone out there has ever experienced this before please let me know what could possibly be the problem. It would be deeply appreciated. Thank You!
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006 AT 5:43 PM

LOVESCARS
Ignition control module possible have it tested
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006 AT 9:08 PM
PAUL75
I considered that could possibly be it but if it were bad at all I dont think it would start.I may be wrong but just thought that.
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006 AT 11:34 PM
LOVESCARS
Agreed with the not starting
Did you try easy items like the fuel filter, Pcv valve, look for loose or cracked vacuum hoses?
Could be the brain too. Start with replacing the small ticket items. Bring the vehicle to a local part store autozone they will hook the vehicle up on a computer diagnostics.
Another thing to do is utilize this site there is a whole list of topics on the left side
Friday, February 3rd, 2006 AT 3:48 AM
PAUL75
I had went to autozone and they told me that my bronco was to old for their diagnostic testing machine so I ran into a man that had a testing device made by Snap On and he tried testing it for me and it has to run through I think like 13 steps and during the 6th step the device puts a strain on the engine so that the throttle should raise to compensate for the strian but the engine dies. And all he told me was that I need to find out what is causing it to die before he can complete the test and diagnose what is wrong.
Friday, February 3rd, 2006 AT 12:10 PM
LOVESCARS
Sounds electrical in nature need to find out if it's cutting out before or after distributor.
Friday, February 3rd, 2006 AT 8:03 PM