92 full size Bronco transmission

BRONCOLOVER
  • 1992 FORD BRONCO
Hi again. I have a 92 Bronco, full size Eddie Bauer edition with the E4OD transmission and have noticed since I got it that when I drive the truck normally, (i.E. Not with the pedal flat on the floor) it shifts really rough, it used to slip, come out of gear and rev up till it finally caught and jumped, but has stopped doing that. The only time that it doesn't is if I'm flooring it and I just want to know if there is an easy fix to start with due to the fact of low to no funds? Or is it going to need a new tranny?
Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 AT 4:11 AM

ONLYBRONCOS
Same thing with my 94 right now! Is the airbag light on? Do the brake lights and rear flashers work? I was told it could be the brake light switch (at the pedal, which I replaced) or the hazzard light switch in the steering column-which I can't do because of the airbag. LMK-I think we're on to something here!
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 3:50 PM
BRONCOLOVER
Nope, flashers and lights work fine, no dash lights at all. Just the really rough shifting.
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 6:16 PM