CRANKS BUT WON'T START...

1995 Ford Bronco

bgrocket

May, 16, 2010 AT 2:30 PM

1995 Ford Bronco V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130k miles

Recently replaced the fouled starter on my 1995 bronco. Admittedly the truck hasn't been started for a few months. Now it will crank fine, but will not turn over to run. Where can I spray ether to try to get the engine started? I feel that if I can get it started, it'll run, though I may need a need fuel filter or fuel pump.

The throttle is engaging and fuel is making it in - I can smell the gas if I try to long and flood the motor.

Thanks!

bill

May, 16, 2010 AT 4:00 PM

To determine if its being caused by fuel or spark -do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe