1994 FORD AEROSTAR ALMOST NO HEAT

• Janes_Garden
  • 1994 Ford Aerostar

Heater problem
1994 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

I have a 1994 Ford Aerostar, 154,000 miles that I bought a couple of months ago when the clutch in my Nissan Sentra completely died and the repair would have cost more than the Aerostar van. There is barely, almost no heat in the Aerostar. I have the dial turned to the farthest point in the red zone and the knob set on high. I get a very little heat (after about 30 minutes of driving) if the directional knob is set on " Vent", but no heat if it is set anywhere else, including no heat from the floor vents. Also, the aerostar has to be moving for any heat to come thru Vent, if I'm stopped at a light, no heat at all. I picked up a portable car heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but just found out the portable heater is too much power for the lighter and blows the fuse. Is there anything I can do to get some heat in this van, especially with winter approaching. Thanks.

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 AT 3:42 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

With the engine running, hot, and the heater on, do both heater core hoses get hot? Is the coolant full?

Let me know.

Sunday, January 24th, 2010 AT 12:02 AM