2007 FORD 500 IS IT THE COMPRESSOR

• j2jbrown
  • 2007 Ford 500

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Ford 500 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

I have an immaculate '07 Ford 500. Replace the a/c compressor last May. Had to bring in a used one from Oregon (they never use a/c there, but I'm in Texas) when stock was back ordered 90 days, last summer. I am having problems, again. Spoke with a Ford service writer and he said there's usually not problems with this model and a/c. If the engine is engage (car is moving), it cools, ok. If I'm sitting still (and I do that, a lot), not cold air. I'm tired of "mechanics" who are "parts replacers" and am trying to gain a little knowledge before I take it somewhere. Any ideas.

Friday, May 28th, 2010 AT 3:05 PM

• mrk1970

Having the same problem, dealership now wants to put in a new air compressor, after replacing a senor telling me the compressor was fine, a mechanic from a private garage tells me no way is it the compressor, Plus the dealership tells me I cant get a air compressor till November its back ordered! This is the hottest summer on the books here in NJ almost every day is plus 90 degrees and high hummidty

Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 11:00 AM