IS IT THE COMPRESSOR

2007 Ford 500

j2jbrown

May, 28, 2010 AT 3:05 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Ford 500 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

I have an immaculate '07 Ford 500. Replace the a/c compressor last May. Had to bring in a used one from Oregon (they never use a/c there, but I'm in Texas) when stock was back ordered 90 days, last summer. I am having problems, again. Spoke with a Ford service writer and he said there's usually not problems with this model and a/c. If the engine is engage (car is moving), it cools, ok. If I'm sitting still (and I do that, a lot), not cold air. I'm tired of " mechanics" who are " parts replacers" and am trying to gain a little knowledge before I take it somewhere. Any ideas.

mrk1970

July, 26, 2010 AT 11:00 AM

Having the same problem, dealership now wants to put in a new air compressor, after replacing a senor telling me the compressor was fine, a mechanic from a private garage tells me no way is it the compressor, Plus the dealership tells me I cant get a air compressor till November its back ordered! This is the hottest summer on the books here in NJ almost every day is plus 90 degrees and high hummidty

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500