NEW CLUTCH

2003 Fiat

m.bedwell@sky.com

December, 24, 2008 AT 4:54 PM

2003 Other Fiat Models Front Wheel Drive Manual 80,000 miles

Hello, I have a Fiat Multipla 1.9 JTD. A garage has just fitted a new clutch kit for me 2000 mile ago. The gears will not engage smoothly sometimes. While accelerating UP through the gears there is no problem. While going down through the gears, when the car is closer to idling the gears become hard and notchy. Putting the car into gear while stationary can be stiff sometimes and you can feel the revs have dropped slighty like the clutch maybe grabbing. If I lift the clutch to biting point and then push it back down the idling returns to normal and and the gears are okay. There are no leaks in the fluid and it has just been replaced (to cure the problem - but it didn't work). The only thing I can think of is that they have fitted a dodgy clutch, the release fork is bent (unlikely) or the clutch and slave cylinder are knackered internally. Or if there are bushes around the foot pedal these may be kaput.
Kind regards.
Graham.

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

Dave H

February, 26, 2010 AT 6:36 AM

I would check the clutch was fitted correctly.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement