EXTENDED CAB F 150 BOTH REAR DOORS ARE STUCK, HOW CAN I OPEN TO REPAIR?

• southernbred61
  • 2001 Ford F-150

I have a 2001 ford f 150 both drivers side rear door and passenger side rear door is stuck. I am not able to open these either side to remove door panels, which I need to know how to remove door panels so I can see what I need to replace in order to fix these door so I will be able to open them. Dealer ship quated a price of 300.00 dollars per door for parts. I feel this is out of line for parts plus what they will charge to install parts. I am pretty handy at working on my on truck, if I can get the doors open I do not believe it would be a problem to repair my self. I would apreicate any information you could give me to help a do it your self person.

Friday, June 21st, 2013 AT 8:10 PM

• hmac300

There should be some scres in door pulls and mayb at bottom of door, they can be taken off with door closed but a pain. Once they are off check for clips broken on door rods, that's the most common cause.

Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 AT 5:56 AM