Vehicle not running on all six cylinders

ANNIEG88
  • 2001 FORD ESCAPE
Hi, my vehicle is running on four cylinders and should be running on six. It had been to an auto electrician and had new spark plugs and a coil pack replaced and it still seems to be running very rough and has not much power. A mechanic has had look and is still not sure what the problem is because he said the two cylinders that rant running are firing up and working but the cars not picking them up. He said it may be in the fuel line and has put some cleaner in with my petrol to see if it cleared it up and it notice last night my fuel pump is leaking and my exhaust was glowing bright red. Would you have any idea of what may be the problem?
Thursday, October 6th, 2016 AT 2:41 PM

JIS001
Sounds like he has just about thrown every part on there. Find out which two cylinders are misfiring. Remove the fuel injectors for that cylinder misfiring and swap with a good cylinder. If the misfire follows that cylinder then your fuel injectors are bad. If it does not then you need to have a compression check and cylinder leakage test. As far as the fuel pump is concern, you will need to have the pump replace.
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 10:21 AM